[sane-devel] [iscan] New release available

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Fri Feb 10 17:38:45 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, February 07, 2012 09:40:34 AM Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> A new release of Image Scan! for Linux has been made available a
> little while ago.  As you may have noticed[1] already, AVASYS
> Corporation is no longer distributing *new* releases of Image Scan!
> for Linux.  From now on releases will be made available via download
> site operated by EPSON CORPORATION[2].
>
>  [1] http://avasys.jp/eng/linux_driver/news/id001092.php
>  [2] http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search/?OSC=LX
>
> Changes to the epkowa.desc file against the latest version in the git
> repository have been attached.  If someone could yet again commit
> these to sane-backends that would be appreciated.
>
> Below is a summary of the changes since the last announcement on this
> mailing list.
>
> Noteworthy changes to the data package:

> - iscan-data-1.14.0
> (2012-01-05)
> - * adds support for the following devices:
>     - Artisan 635
>     - Epson ME OFFICE 570W Series
>     - Epson Stylus NX530 Series
>     - Epson Stylus SX230 Series
>     - WF-7515
>     - WF-7525
>
> Hope this helps,

Just a quick question. Who is going to support the software now. I
called Epson Support the other day because a failure of
iscan-2.28.1-3.ltdl7.x86_64.rpm where is compiled againt libpng.

Error:
libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.31
libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.4.8
libpng warning: Incompatible libpng version in application and library
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  std::bad_alloc
Aborted

--
Russ