[sane-devel] [iscan] New release available

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Mon Feb 13 04:59:12 UTC 2012

On Monday, February 13, 2012 10:27:56 AM Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> upscope <upscope at nwi.net> writes:
> > On Tuesday, February 07, 2012 09:40:34 AM Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> >> [snip release announcement]
> >
> > Just a quick question. Who is going to support the software now.  I
> > called Epson Support the other day because a failure of
> > iscan-2.28.1-3.ltdl7.x86_64.rpm where is compiled againt libpng.
> >
> > Error:
> > libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from
> > libpng-1.2.31 libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c
> > from libpng-1.4.8 libpng warning: Incompatible libpng version in
> > application and library terminate called after throwing an instance
> > of 'std::bad_alloc'>
> >   what():  std::bad_alloc
> >
> > Aborted
>
> Please see http://download.ebz.epson.net/faq/linux/faq_ls_00003.html.
> You need a sufficiently old PNG library for PNG support to work.
>
> As to the support question, your local Epson Support is your best bet
> at the moment (considering the absence of any contact information on
> the download pages themselves).
>
> Hope this helps,
Thanks. I was hoping to be able to recompile ISCAN for the newer libpng.
Actually libpng12-0-1.2.46-9.1.2.x86_64 is installed in addition to
libpng14 because VirtualBox needs the earlier version. I still get the
above error. I'll search and see if libpng 1.2.31 is available
somewhere.

Thanks for your response.