[sane-devel] problem scanning slides with EPSON 3200 photo

Colin Williams colin at seattlesoft.com
Mon Feb 13 10:30:52 UTC 2012

I saw a similarly titled message on this list for another EPSON scanner
model, placed on this list 7 years ago. I tried setting the brightness and
contrast to what I thought were stated for the other model, but was unsure
of the gamma level to use for those settings. I tried 1.00 . I'm having
trouble with my slides appearing bright enough when I scan them. I'm
scanning them at 3200 DPI. I've tried using both the epson2 and the epkowa
driver. I think maybe it's just a problem with my settings. Can somebody
provide me with gamma, brightness, and contrast settings? Any other hints
on what I should do to get a nice looking scan of a slide?