[sane-devel] Support for CanoScan 9000F and others: 48 bit support for flatbed mode

Eddy De Greef edg-sane at edpnet.be
Thu Jan 12 21:46:54 UTC 2012

On Jan 08, 2012 at 19:26, Ward Vandewege wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 04:17:40PM +0100, Аl Воgnеr wrote:
>>> Maybe, it is not bad idea to put support of CanoScan 9000F into Git.
>>> IMHO, it will cause more involved, more testing and feed-backs.
>>>
>>> It will provide more information for stabilization of module...
>>
>> I fully agree.
>
> Indeed! Let's get this code into the mainline tree, please.
>
> Thanks,
> Ward.

I support this too.

I propose to give Gernot Hassenpflug write access to the sane
repository. He has proved to be more than capable of writing a
high-quality backend that supports multiple recent Canon
scanners/multifunctionals.

Moreover, he is also very active in open source printer driver
development (Gutenprint), so he is certainly someone you want to have
aboard.

Thanks and best regards,
Eddy (maintainer of the mustek_pp cis backend)