[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 210 · problems with 1.0.22 and git-version

M G Berberich berberic at fmi.uni-passau.de
Mon Jul 9 13:04:59 UTC 2012

Hello,

Am Montag, den 09. Juli schrieb stef:
> Le 06/07/2012 09:08, M G Berberich a écrit :
> >I have a Canon LiDE 210. The sane-website says it is supported
> >“Complete” by sane-genesys.
> >
> >It can scan at resolution up to 4800dpi, but the stable version of
> >sane (1.0.22-7.1 from debian wheezy) treats it as a Canon LiDE 200 and
> >only offers resolutions up to 1200dpi which works fine.
> >
> >I installed the git-snapshot of the backends and with this version
> >sane offers resolutions up to 4800dpi, but the resolutions above
> >1200dpi (2400dpi and 4800dpi) do not work at all.
> >
> >It has to be aborted by 2 times Ctrl-C:
> >
> >   18 hermione:/tmp/sane                                          [09:04:29]
> >   > bin/scanimage -d genesys:libusb:001:005 --resolution 2400 > X.png
> >   ^Cscanimage: received signal 2
> >   scanimage: trying to stop scanner
> >   ^Cscanimage: received signal 2
> >   scanimage: aborting
> >   19 hermione:/tmp/sane                                          [09:04:58]
> >
> >	MfG
> >	bmg
> >
>     Hello,
>
>     when scanning at these resolution, the motor is slow and very
> silent. So it takes time to scan. In odrer to speed scan, use
> geometry parameters to reduce the amount of data (a full 2400 dpi
> scan is about 1,7 Gb) and let the scanner time to complete.

That was not the problem, the carriage does not move at all.

>     If after a few minutes, nothing is moving,

That was the problem. The scanner is waiting very long bevor starting
to scan, while I expeced it to do a fast-forward immediately.
It probably is doing some calibration (which it remembers) because it
only is doing this once.

I now get 2400×2400 dpi with “--resolution 2400”. Which is fine.

With “--resolution 4800” there are always too pixel side by side
horizontally with the same color, so the scanner effectivly only gives
2400×4800 dpi while Canon claims 4800×4800 dpi. This might by a
hardware-constraint.

Sorry for bothering you.

	MfG
	bmg

--
„Des is völlig wurscht, was heut beschlos- | M G Berberich
 sen wird: I bin sowieso dagegn!“          | berberic at fmi.uni-passau.de
(SPD-Stadtrat Kurt Schindler; Regensburg)  | www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~berberic