[sane-devel] Support for CanoScan 9000F and others: 48 bit flatbed scan

llarevo at gmx.net llarevo at gmx.net
Tue Jul 10 16:07:27 UTC 2012

> >> Next week I will install Fedora17 in a VM and try to debug this issue.
> >> Which version do you have, 32 bit or 64 bit?
> >
> > 64 bit. Please note, that I'm not a developer. So I'm not sure, if I did
> > something wrong, which causes the mentioned behavior. I use xsane from
> > Fedora repository, after setting the library path via ldconfig
> > to /usr/local/lib64 for xsane and simple scan.
> >

> On a fresh installed 64 bit Fedora 17 I installed SANE as follows:
>
> 1. install missing package collections with the application
>    Add/Remove Software:
>    Development Libraries
>    Development Tools
> 2. install missing packages with the application Add/Remove Software:
>    libusb-devel
>    xsane
> 3. download SANE from git in a terminal:
>    mkdir ~/workspace
>    cd ~/workspace
>    git clone git://git.debian.org/sane/sane-backends.git
>    cd sane-backends
> 4. configure SANE in the same terminal used before:
>    BACKENDS="pixma" ./configure --libdir="/usr/lib64"
>    => I only need the pixma backend
>    => I want to overwrite Fedora's SANE library
>    => If you want to overwrite Fedora's executables, docs,
>       localisation, etc., have a look to other parameters of configure:
>       --bindir, --sysconfdir, --datadir, etc.
> 5. compile and install SANE in the same terminal used before:
>    make && sudo make install
> 6. copy udev rules in the same terminal used before:
>    sudo cp tools/udev/libsane.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/
> 7. create group scanner and join this new group with the application
>    Users and Groups
> 8. logout and login again and reconnect the scanner or simply reboot
>
> My CS9000F works fine in this installation.

I install the self compiled libs to /usr/local/lib64:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --libdir=/usr/local/lib64

Then I set the path with ldconfig by creating two files

/etc/ld.so.conf.d/simple-scan.conf and
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/xsane.conf

that contains the path /usr/local/lib64 and then I run ldconfig.

I also compile all backends. The rest is identical to your installation.
So I think the error I receive while scanning in 75 dpi flatbed lineart
is some problem with my local installation.

Regards
--
Felix