[sane-devel] [sane-Bugs][313692] CanoScan LiDE 90 support

Hiroshi Miura miurahr at linux.com
Fri Jul 13 23:04:39 UTC 2012

Hi Stef and genesys developers,

Canoscan LiDE 90 use BU6574FV which was found in previous discussion in
2008.

*Guillaume wrote:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2008-January/020918.html
*

> I open my LiDE 90 (very hard not all to destroy...).
> I find these IC's :
>
>         GL842 (Genesys well known scanner chip)
>         GLT44016P (SO40 RAM)
>         BU6574 (TSSOP20 ????????????)
>         VHC175 (TSSOP16 quad flip flop)
>         VHC08 (TSSOP16 quad and)
>         LB1940 (TSSOP20 constant current driver)
>         LM324 (SO14 quad op amp)
>         1733 (TO-263 regularor)
>
> Appart the BU6574 (I dont find what it is) I dont find any analog
> frontend. Is it possible that this chip is located with leds (seems very
> hard to open.....)

I found Rohm BU6574FV is a AFE  after short research.
that is single channel 16bit CIS/CCD Analog Front End.

http://www.datasheetdir.com/BU6574FV+CCD-Front-Ends-Drivers

That looks compatible with Holtek HT82V42 and Wolfson WM8253.

Ref: http://www.holtek.com/english/tech/faq/CCD-CISAnalog.htm#1-3

There are no public datasheet for BU6574 but we can get it for WM8253.

http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/products/imaging_adcs/WM8253/
http://www.holtek.com.tw/english/docum/consumer/82v42.htm

You can see same functional diagram with BU6574FV.

This  may   help us to implement a driver for LiDE90.

Hiroshi

On BTS: