[sane-devel] Newbie questions

Clyde Shappee clydeshappee at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 23:46:44 UTC 2012

It sounds to me like a backend is an awful lot of work.  My scanner is a real orphan -- perhaps that is why it sold for $19.

The author at http://www.chmil.org/hp4600linux/ mentions the "banding/color correction into the executable",  a problem that I am aware of under Windows.  This was a nasty problem to fix  and I forget now how it was done, but it was a trick and one likely not doable in software.  It is a shame as this scanner stand vertical on the desktop and you can see through it...  That is why I purchased it.

Maybe I will look for a more Linux compatible scanner and throw money rather than time on the problem.