[sane-devel] SANE and Commercial Applications/Drivers

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Fri Jun 1 14:18:36 UTC 2012

On Fri, 1 Jun 2012 18:32:19 +0530
"Ganapati Hegde" <ganapati.hegde at celstream.com> wrote:

> I got some information on SANE and commercial Application of drivers in
>
>  http://www.sane-project.org/lj98/doc007.html
>
> I am searching for more information how vendor can hide source code in
> SANE if  protocol information should not be disclosed through source
> code. It would be of  great help if I got extra information on this.

 Please let me clearly state that this is quite stupid thing to do:

 a) open source people hates closed source software

 b) there is people with a lot of time that will probably
 choose to reverse engineer the protocol

 c) you will be getting no help if an issue arise.

 Give the community a great documentation and I'm sure you fill
 find people that might help to build a great driver.

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,
  Tower Technologies - Torino, Italy