[sane-devel] Konica-Minolta Magicolor 1690MF

Reinhold Kainhofer reinhold at fam.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Mar 20 01:04:15 UTC 2012

On 2012-03-20 00:09, Steven Santos wrote:
> So, my 1690MF is detected by sane-find-scanner, but not by anything else.

Hm, which version of sane are you using?
Are you sure, the magicolor backend is enabled in the sane configuration
(ie. does /etc/sane.d/dll.conf contain a line "magicolor")?

> Any help?  OS is Centos 6.2, the output of sane-find-scanner and
> scanimage are below.  I have been hanging out on the IRC channel all
> day, but no one seems to be on...

I don't have enough time for IRC (not even enough time for doing any
sane development atm). And I suppose I'm the only one who can really
help you, as I'm the author of the magicolor backend.

> [steven at server1]# scanimage -L

Can you set some environment variables before calling scanimage, so you
get (a lot of) useful debug output:

export SANE_DEBUG_MAGICOLOR="99999"
export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_CONFIG="127"
export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB="127"

and then run scanimage -L (or xsane). You might first start with only
the first variable (i.e. don't set the two *SANEI* variables). If that
doesn't give you any output, then the magicolor backend isn't enabled at
all. If you get some output, maybe we can track down the problem.

Cheers,
Reinhold

Reinhold Kainhofer,reinhold at kainhofer.com, http://reinhold.kainhofer.com
  * Financial&  Actuarial Math., Vienna Univ. of Technology, Austria
  * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886