[sane-devel] Identifying identical scanners dynamically turned on and off

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 11:13:46 UTC 2012

This would depend upon the backend, hardware and OS that you use. The
fujitsu backend is capable of reading the serial number of the
scanner, and uses that as part of the device name. Other backends
cannot do this because the hardware does not know its own serial
number. In that case, you would have to give the device a consistent
name at the OS level, and somehow get the backend to use that name.

allan