[sane-devel] Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 2200c

Gasko, Peter gaskopeter0808 at postafiok.hu
Tue May 1 10:01:39 UTC 2012

As described here:

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/36894/hewlett-packard-scanjet-2200c-on-scientific-linux-6-1-64bit

I have a

Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 2200c

scanner connected via USB to my notebook that has Scientific Linux 6.1
64bit OS with the rpmforge repo.

Bus 006 Device 002: ID 03f0:0605 Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 2200c

Scanner plugged in via USB to my notebook.

When I launch this command (no matter that I use it with a normal user
or root, does the same):

scanimage --format=tiff --resolution=150 --mode=color > a.tiff

The scanner just waits for ~30 sec then starts actually scanning, but
it stops after going about ~8cm's.. (so it's scanning just the ~1/3
part of an A/4 paper..) but the scanned part looks good. So the
problem is that why doesn't this scanner scans a full A4 paper size?

I can't find relevant logs..

I wanted to try out the scanner on a Win7Pro64bit machine.. I didn't
found any drivers to it :D

How can I make this scanner work under my OS?

Can anyone help me with this please?

Thank you.