[sane-devel] Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 2200c

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Sun May 6 17:25:26 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Friday 04 May 2012 16:59:34 Gasko, Peter wrote:
> scanimage  -l 0 -t 0 -x 215 -y 297 --format=tiff --resolution=150
> --mode=color > output.tiff
>
> works! :)
>
> but it's slow :O
>
> after I give out this command, 90sec...and nothing.. then in 26seconds
> it scans the document and the scanners head parks.

what is slow until it scans or when it scans?

The first step (90s) is the calibration and the warming up of the lamp.
These steps can be speed up, check the plustek.conf file for the options.
(cacheCalData - for calibration data caching, warmup (0= no warming up, -1
automatic, which means wait until the color values didn't change any longer,
or any other value for waiting before scanning (in seconds))

HTH,
 Gerhard