[sane-devel] State of the epjitsu backend for ScanSnap S1100/S1300i

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Tue Nov 20 17:00:36 UTC 2012

> This is the first I have heard of the S1300i, so its not surprising it
> does not work :)

I don't have an S300 or S1300 here but I'm wondering if they have
different hardware or they are exactly the same? What about the firmware,
if those devices were the same, was it possible to load the S300 firmware
on all the devices somehow so they behave the same?

> I have a partially completed merger of the S1100 code, but its pretty
> broken now. I will finish it some day.

That's sad :(
What about the code to generate devices names based on serial? Do you have
a separate patch (or is it already a big change)? That's one of the things
I like with the fujitsu backend and I'd like to have the same here.

Simon