[sane-devel] Cannot configure Xsane to use latest Sane backend version

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 14:17:09 UTC 2012

Probably your PATH environment var is set to use /usr/local/bin before
/usr/bin, so you are using the scanimage binary you compiled with
sane-backends, but you have nothing similar for libraries using
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

you have two choices: 1. recompile sane-backends to overwrite the
version installed by your OS, or 2. teach binaries to load the sane
libs from /usr/local/lib, see man ld.so

allan