[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 1000 Win/Mac Install CD Possibly Contains RH Driver

Michael michael.verret at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 14:53:57 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-11-24 at 08:00 +0100, Stef wrote:
> On 23/11/2012 18:27, Michael wrote:
> >  From what I can tell my scanner is not currently supported by any OS
> > other than Windows and OSX. There is no Linux driver provided on the HP
> > website.
> >
> > HP Scanjet Professional 1000 Mobile Scanner
> >
> > However while browsing through the Windows/Mac installation CD I found
> > the following:
> >
> > ScanJet 1000 CD/Scanner Driver/Linux/HPScan_Sonny_Linux_20091030.tar.bz2
> >
> > That file contains the following:
> >
> > HPScan_Sonny/bin/AVAPI.so (shared library)
> > HPScan_Sonny/bin/HPScan (executable)
> > HPScan_Sonny/bin/HPScan.ini (plain text document)
> > HPScan_Sonny/lib/libQtCore.so.4 (link to shared library
> > libQtCore.so.4.5.2)
> > HPScan_Sonny/lib/libQtCore.so.4.5.2 (shared library)
> > HPScan_Sonny/lib/libQtGui.so.4 (link to shared library
> > libQtGui.so.4.5.2)
> > HPScan_Sonny/lib/libQtGui.so.4.5.2 (shared library)
> > HPScan_Sonny/HPScan (shell script)
> >
> > Would someone be interested in taking a look at the files to see if they
> > would give us some insight on creating a working driver?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Michael
> >

>      Hello,
>
>      I would be interested in looking into it. This scanner is reported
> to be a GL846 one.
>
> Regards,
>      Stef
Stef,

Thanks for your interest.

I have uploaded the file to my web server here:
http://axxium.us/scanner/HPScan_Sonny_Linux_20091030.tar.bz2

If there is anymore information I can give I would be happy to give. I
currently have windows 7 running in a VM for the sole reason of being
able to use this scanner. I would love to have a native driver.

Cheers,
Michael