[sane-devel] Triumph Adler DC 2018 (Utax CD 1018)

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 12:39:04 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 9:16 PM, Ralf Blicker <mail at ralfblicker.de> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> i've an Printer/Copier/Scan - System by Triumph-Adler.
>
> This is a network/usb-printer/scanner.
>
> I would like to use the scanner with sane connected via usb.
> The printing-system is conncted to a cups-server via ethernet.

Hi Ralph,

I suggest you first try with USB connection, to figure out if there is
a backend that will actually work with this scanner. After that, you
can try to get the network part of SANE incorporated.

> --------------------------------
>
> Here the output of lsusb:
/../
> Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0482:032b Kyocera Corp.
/../
> Here the output of sane-find-scanner:
/../
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x0482 [UTAX_TA], product=0x032b [UTAX_TA CD 1018_DC 2018]) at libusb:001:005
>   # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by
>   # SANE. Try scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.

The SANE CVS supported models list for Kyocera is here:
http://www.sane-project.org/lists/sane-mfgs-cvs.html#Z-KYOCERA
So your model is not supported, but maybe the sane-avision backend may
work. Here the (linked above) manpage:
http://www.sane-project.org/man/sane-avision.5.html

Regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug