[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA MX890

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 16:22:14 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 11:50 PM, Henry Ptasinski <henry at logout.com> wrote:
> With the latest sane-backends sources from the git repo, my MX890 is
> partially functional.  Using scanimage to scan documents on the flatbed
> works some of the time.  Some of the issues I'm seeing:

Hi,
Could you ensure that the pixma driver backend works properly for all
resolutions and also ADF, by attaching via USB.
If the backend is shown to work properly (some resolutions might need
to be programmed specifically for this device), then after that it
will be simpler to try and debug the network backend separately from
the driver backend.
If you read the pixma backend man page (man sane-pixma) there are
instructions for seeing debug output.
Regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug