[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA MX890

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 03:43:22 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Henry Ptasinski <henry at logout.com> wrote:
> On 10/02/2012 10:22 AM, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 11:50 PM, Henry Ptasinski <henry at logout.com> wrote:
>>>
>> Hi,
>> Could you ensure that the pixma driver backend works properly for all
>> resolutions and also ADF, by attaching via USB.

> Over USB, I see plenty of issues.  Out of 6 scans
> ({75,300dpi}x{Color,Gray,Lineart}) using just the flatbed, I get errors on 3
> scans.  All of them are of the form:

Can you set the debug to higher to see what the pixma commands being
sent are? Obviously the command set is in general correct, else you
could not scan at all.
Perhaps the scanner needs an exception set for a few more bytes in the
command set. But that would only be know if we can get USB sniffs of
Windows scans. So defer to later.

First, which scans succeed, which fail?

Regards,
Gernot