[sane-devel] Listen =?

merc1984 at f-m.fm merc1984 at f-m.fm
Fri Oct 12 00:07:03 UTC 2012

--
[1]merc1984 at f-m.fm

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012, at 16:33, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:

[2]merc1984 at f-m.fm writes:

I need to set saned to listen only on 127.0.0.1.  But I've searched far

and wide and have not found any way to make it do this.  The Listen =

127.0.0.1 imperative in saned.conf doesn't work.

Any way to do this?

Just make localhost the only entry in your /etc/sane.d/saned.conf.

BTW, a Listen directive is normally used to restrict the *ports* on

which a daemon listens, not the hosts that are allowed to connect.  To

restrict the ports, use the data_portrange option.  For details on the

configuration see the saned manual page.

Hope this helps,

  Everyone misunderstands my question. I am not wanting to limit
  -access- to only localhost.
  I want the daemon (in network mode) to only -bind- to 127.0.0.1 .
  Not any other IP.
  And listen or bind are variously the correct directives, depending
  on the daemon.