[sane-devel] Problem with developing a new backend for Plustek OpticPro ST28

Mohammad-Reza Nabipoor m.nabipoor at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 07:03:49 UTC 2012

Dear Yury
The 'Frontend' in Genesys_Frontend refers to Analogue Front End (AFE) IC.
Genesys_Frontend structure contains some data (e.g. offset) for the WM8196 (that, "is a 16-bit analogue front end/digitiser IC which processes and digitises the analogue output signals from CCD sensors or Contact Image Sensors (CIS)").
As mentioned in WM8196 datasheet, it has "Programmable gain" and "Programmable offset adjust", so we can set these parameters in the Genesys_Frontend structure. (And, there are two other entries in the Genesys_Frontend that I don't understand them, yet! --> can anyone help me?).

Yury, as I mentioned in my first email, I am not sure that my scanner is a ST28(!); can you help me to understand it? please check your scanner VID/PID and compare them with 0x07b3/0x0802.

Regards,
Mohammad-Reza