[sane-devel] Reflecta ProScan / Crystalscan 7200 PIE film scanner update

Michael Rickmann mrickma at gwdg.de
Thu Sep 13 13:59:11 UTC 2012

Hi Klaus,

Am 13.09.2012 14:49, schrieb Klaus Kaempf:
> * Michael Rickmann <mrickma at gwdg.de> [Sep 13. 2012 10:55]:
>> Hi Jan, hello Klaus,
>> first I tried to clone Jan's backend from Klaus repository at github
>> but failed to reconfigure it.
> Sorry it didn't work for you. I usually remove generated files from git.
That explains it. Sorry, I am a git beginner. I have always used git
update-index --assume-unchanged <file> for the auto files.

> After git checkout, you should run (documented here for sane-devel)
>
>   - libtoolize
>   - autoreconf -fi
>   - BACKENDS=pie ./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64 \
>     --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --enable-libusb_1_0 \
>     --disable-static
>     (--libdir is for a 64bit system, change it to /usr/lib for 32bit)
>
> You probably missed the libtoolize part.
Thanks, I will try

> [...]
>> I have attached a completely untested file (a mixture between your,
>> mine and genesys backend code) which is just a study to show the
>> interplay between sane_init, sane_get_devices and sane_open using
>> SANE's configuration framework.
> Great. That was a complete mystery to me when reading the old pie.c
> file.
I am badly organized at the moment trying to catch up with what I missed
during my vaccation. I forgot the attachment, which I have corrected by
answering my own post.

> I've checked in your code as branch "mrickma" into my sane-backup
> github repo: https://github.com/kkaempf/sane-backends/tree/mrickma
>
> See
> https://github.com/kkaempf/sane-backends/commit/20ef5bef944fc1120342c014b2e232a747af48b1
> for the changes needed to recognize a Reflecta DigitDia 6000 (should
> be identical to PIE PowerSlide 3600) scanner.
>
> Regards,
>
> Klaus
Does it really have USB ids 0x05e3, 0x0142 as written in
http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/reflecta-digitdia-3600.html ?
Jan's and my scanner have 0x05e3, 0x0145. Is there more information
publicly available?
Regards,
Michael