[sane-devel] Reflecta ProScan / Crystalscan 7200 PIE film scanner update

Klaus Kaempf kkaempf at suse.de
Thu Sep 13 20:22:07 UTC 2012

Hi Michael,

* Michael Rickmann <mrickma at gwdg.de> [Sep 13. 2012 18:21]:
> Am 13.09.2012 14:38, schrieb Klaus Kaempf:

> >Cranking up the debug level revealed a 'read' request issued without
> >the scanner indicating availabilty of data. The the scanner hung and I
> >had to power-cycle it.
> >

> >Klaus
> Does that happen during scanimage -L?

Yes.

> Without seeing the debug output I can only guess. Worst case is that your scanner has stalled
> at the initial INQUIRY command.

No, thats not the case. Initial negotiating and calibrating is fine
untile the actual scan starts.

>From what I found out by reading the USB trace, the SCSI status bytes
clearly indicates if there's data available to read or not.

However, the current code issued a usb read request without the status
byte indicating availability of data.
I'll do further testing over the weekend and will publish my findings
here.

Regards,

Klaus
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany