[sane-devel] Problems with Canon MX715

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 01:52:33 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 3:17 AM, Sascha Müller <mueller.sascha at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some problems with the actual sane backend for MX715 devices.

Hello Sascha,

I'm delighted that you have a MX710 series, which we can now debug!

> scanimage: open of device pixma:04A9175D_20C2C2 failed: Operation not
> supported
> scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.23; backend version 1.0.23
> device `pixma:04A9175D_20C2C2' is a CANON Canon PIXMA MX710 Series
> multi-function peripheral

> I used the actual pixma backend.
>
> Is there any chance to fix the problem. How can I help?

Could you read "man sane-pixma" and use the debug variable to get more
output? You'll need to run from the command line:

export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA 3
xsane (or scanimage)

If there is a bug in the initialization, then maybe we will need
Windows USB sniff results also, but as a first step, we should be able
to see if something is clearly wrong or not.

Regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug