[sane-devel] [#313955] HP Scanjet N8460 (with ADF)

Random Quip Generator pseubodot at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 2 20:45:07 UTC 2013

As a follow up, I opened up the scanner today to find the PCB and take
photographs of what I found. I've uploaded the pics to Picasa, primarily
showing a large chip in the centre of the PCB with the text 'Avision
C7C' on it.

https://picasaweb.google.com/115487175921649988988/VariousHardware

I don't know offhand if this 'Avision C7C' chip is supported by the
current Avision driver, but at least I know that it is indeed an Avision
device.

Any suggestions for next steps appreciated, I don't mind compiling code
though I might need some pointers.

Thanks and best, -- p