[sane-devel] Canonscan N 650U LIDE Scanner does not scan but makes terrible noise

i_am_ at mail-buero.de i_am_ at mail-buero.de
Sat Aug 10 10:45:29 UTC 2013

Hi,

 my Canonscan N 650U LIDE Scanner does not scan but makes terrible noise, as if the scan unit is going in the wrong direction. The scanner works fine with Win XP 32-bit

 OS: Linux  Kanotix Dragonfire (Debian based) 64-bit
 scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.22; backend version 1.0.22
 Software: Xsane, Xscanimage

 It does not make a difference using XSane or XScanimage. First I have to choose the source device which is plustek:libusb:006:003

 Any help is appreciated.
 Regards, Winni