[sane-devel] HP Scanjet G4010 - bad image quality

idle idle at kai.cz
Sun Aug 11 15:24:54 UTC 2013

Hello,

I have bought HP Scanjet G4010 and I'm trying to use it with SANE. This
scanner's support is listed as "Good", but the result is far from good: the
image is too dark with colored (or shades of gray, in "gray" mode) vertical
stripes. This is what I get when I scan a white page:
http://i.nahraj.to/f/s53.jpg

I'm running Debian, have installed SANE from the packages, it is version
1.0.22.

The same scanner works fine on Windows, so it doesn't seem like a hardware
problem. I have tried various settings, but the stripes stay the same in
both "color" and "gray" modes.

Is there any way to get rid of this? In current situation, the scanner is
unusable for me.

Thank you

Eva