[sane-devel] [sane-pixma] Canon MF4150 v. PIXMA_CAP_LINEART

Samuel Adam adam at certifound.com
Tue Aug 20 22:27:33 UTC 2013

On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 09:36:18 -0400, Samuel Adam <adam at certifound.com>
wrote:

> I know experientially that the Canon imageCLASS MF4150 is possessed
> of a 1-bpp lineart mode.  Pages fly through the automatic feeder, and
[...]
> sane-pixma permits only --mode Color or --mode Gray with the MF4150,
> and `scanimage -A` shows only these options.

I dislike replying to my own message; but I seem to have omitted the
most important info.  Duh:

	$ scanimage -V
	scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.23; backend version 1.0.23

I have tried cranking up SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA in my environment.  Confirmed
that what kills it is setting --mode to anything explicit other than
"Color" or "Gray" (as `scanimage -A` indeed promised, and the sources
seem to indicate).

Everything else seems to work.  The problem surface is quite narrow.

Samuel Adam