[sane-devel] Duplex Scanning using XSane

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 13:33:18 UTC 2013

Your backend should expose an option which enables duplex. Some
backends use a boolean for this, my backends have a string option
called 'source' which will list the available sources for images: 'ADF
Front', 'ADF Back', 'ADF Duplex', 'Flatbed', etc.

Xsane is not really designed for multipage document scanning. It will
work if you set the page counter equal to, or higher than the number
of images you will get from your batch. This requires counting or
guessing, and is less than ideal.

A better frontend for multipage scanning is gscan2pdf. You might wish to try it.

allan