[sane-devel] imageCLASS MF4570dw tester available for two days

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 05:15:37 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Yuval Levy <ylevy at uwo.ca> wrote:

> On 12/25/2013 07:04 PM, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:

/../

> >> the stock 'buntu one.  I only built and installed the sane-backends from
> >> git.
> >
> > Eh, how did you configure that build?  Did it by any change zap or
> > clobber bits and pieces from the stock 'buntu libsane package you
> > installed?
>
> Plain and simple:
>
> tar xvfz sane-backends-*.tar.gz
> cd sane-backends-*
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
> make
> sudo make install

Um, that is certainly not plain and simple, that is overwriting system
libraries willy-nilly.
As I understand it, pure and simple would be something like this:

BACKENDS="pixma epson2" ./configure
make clean
make
make install

(The linux readme file explains various details)
Regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug