[sane-devel] Canon DR-2580C only low resolutions

Martin Butter m.butter at gmx.net
Fri Feb 1 15:50:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

I (linux-newbie) want to use sane (libsane 1.0.23-0ubuntu1) under Ubuntu
12.10 to scan with a Canon DR-2580C scanner. After installation sane
displayed "invalid argument" every time I tried to scan. Via try and
error I found out that I'm able to scan if I set resolution to 240dpi,
300dpi and above gives the invalid-argument-error (scanner is able to
scan up to 600dpi). This happens with gscan2pdf als well als xsane.

With gscan2pdf (libsane perl frontend) there is another issue: the scan
result is always the same, no matter on how I change brightness and
contrast settings. With xsane it seems to me that only the settings on
the main window have any effekt, but not the settings in standard
options (sometimes changes in standard options lead to completely black
scans until new start of xsane, though).

Any hints what's going on (or going wrong) here? Any help would be
greatly appreciated!

Martin