[sane-devel] Calibrate Xerox travel scanner 100? (sane-genesys)

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Sun Feb 17 08:38:51 UTC 2013

On 16/02/2013 21:48, Fred Fowler wrote:
> Hi.  I'm using Ubuntu LTS 12.04 with libsane 1.0.22-7ubuntu1 to scan
> with a Xeroc travel scanner 100.  The image quality is terrible with a
> very dark image.
>
> I'm trying to calibrate the scanner with the following command:
>
> $ scanimage  -d genesys:libusb:001:008 --calibrate
>
> I feed the calibration sheet through the feeder, and then I get the
> following message:
>
> scanimage: setting of option --calibrate failed (Operation not supported)
>
> It looks like --calibrate is not available, although in the
> sane-genesys backend documentation it says that calibration is
> "available".
>
> Also using the "advanced" window in xsane there is a calibrate button,
> but when I use it the same failure message is displayed.

> Also, I have a Xerox travel scanner 150 as well.  Is there any chance
> that it might be supported?  Currently scanimage -L doesn't recognize it.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Fred

     Hello,

     GL841 based sheet-fed scanners (like your scanner) calibration has
been improved in SANE 1.0.23 . So you should upgrade SANE on your system
to get working calibration.

     Regarding the Xerox travel scanner 150, if sane-find-scanner
reports it as genesys ASIC based, I can add support for it provided
someone send me one.

Regards,
     Stef