[sane-devel] HP G2410: basic functions working, 150 and 600 DPI need fix

Subhasis Banerjee sbcontt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 22:16:57 UTC 2013

OS: Ubuntu 12.04 64bit server

Installed packages: sane sane-utils xsane xsane-common hplip hplip-gui

Xsane starts in flawed 50 DPI mode. Only 100 & 300 work properly;
tested in both 8 and 16 bit depth. 50 DPI scans only a very small
portion of the file, 150 & 600 produce images with aspect ratio
distortion, 1200 freezes things. 16 bit massively increases color
intensity and contrast, Scanning speed is comparable to that of
Windows.
I got an error about ICM file, so I have to untick "Enable Color
Management" option.

All the functionalities I use on day-to-day basis are working
flawlessly, only I can't scan high res photos without 600 DPI mode.
1200 DPI never works even in Windows, so forget that.

Personally speaking, xsane is far superior than the official Windows
software for this scanner. Thanks xsane devs.