[sane-devel] compile problems with scanbd: undefined reference to symbol 'pthread_sigmask@@GLIBC_2.2.5'

Dominik Kopp my at kabelfunk.de
Sat Jan 5 23:12:27 UTC 2013

Louis Lagendijk wrote:

> On Thu, 2013-01-03 at 22:12 +0100, Dominik Kopp wrote:
> This was something missed in the autoconf configuation. I hopefully
> fixed it in svn. Can you try again?
> I also fixed the autoconf rebuilding.

yes, make all was sucessfully. it compiles.

Note:
in the doc/README.txt chapter 1.1 stands, that libjpeg8-devel is required.
however, it seems to work with libjpeg62(-devel) as well, which is installed
per default (nevertheless, the libjpeg8(-devel) is also available in the
repo)

>> ok, and where is the binary?
>> (this is my fourth or fifth program I'm trying to compile. Therefore I'm
>> not very skilled...)
>>
> In src/scanbd. Use make install to install the binary. It ends up
> in /usr/local/bin or /usr/local/sbin
>
>> cc  -DUSE_SANE -UUSE_SCANBUTTOND -DUSE_HAL  -c -o scanbd.o scanbd.c
>> In file included from scanbd.h:45:0,
>>                  from scanbd.c:23:
>> slog.h:33:1: error: unknown type name ‘bool’
>> In file included from scanbd_dbus.h:33:0,
>>                  from scanbd.h:46,
>>                  from scanbd.c:23:
>> /usr/include/dbus-1.0/dbus/dbus.h:29:33: fatal error:
>> dbus/dbus-arch-deps.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
>> compilation terminated.
>> make: *** [scanbd.o] Fehler 1
>>
> Did you change something in the Makefile?

no

> It is really strange that it
> tries to compile with HAL and not UDEV. I would guess that Suse switched
> to udev?

yes, suse moved completely from hal to udev.

>> echo "Copy scanbd_dbus.conf to /etc/dbus-1/system.d/"
>> Copy scanbd_dbus.conf to /etc/dbus-1/system.d/
>> cp scanbd_dbus.conf "/etc/dbus-1/system.d"
>> cp scanbuttond/backends/meta.conf
>> "/usr/local/etc/scanbd/scanbuttond/backends" || /bin/true
>> echo "Edit /etc/inetd.conf"
>> Edit /etc/inetd.conf
>>

>> is that OK? Should I try to move forward with the next steps as described
>> in INSTALL?
>
> It looks that you compiled scanbd ok here. So you should be able to
> continue from here. Have a look at scanbd.conf and Try
> scanbd -f
>
> regards, Louis

next problem:
I don't have any /etc/inetd.conf
opensuse has /etc/xinetd.conf

And this uses a different style as in chapter 3) of README.txt
("sane-port stream tcp4 nowait ..."

regards
Dominik