[sane-devel] untested samsung scanners: tried after installation UnifiedLinuxDriver?

Julien Michielsen michkloo at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 18 13:34:53 UTC 2013

Some time ago I bought the Samsung Scx-3400 laser printer. It also has a
scanner which I could not install under SuSE 12.1.  However, when I
installed Samsungs UnifiedLinuxDriver, this also got my scanner working.
It is recognised (and installed) by yast and xsane, even though I did
give any input to those programs.  Installing the UnifiedLinuxDriver
might also install other Samsung scanners that are listed as "Untested".
I am very happy with my (unlisted ;-) ) Scx-3400.
Julien
--
Julien Michielsen
julien_at_michkloo.xs4all.nl