[sane-devel] Samsung CLX3305W - broken image at 600dpi colour

Guennadi Liakhovetski g.liakhovetski at gmx.de
Sun Jul 14 15:34:02 UTC 2013

Hi all

Got a multifunction device from subj. Printing works over network fine.
Scanning didn't work at all in the beginning with my "old" distros, so,
had to rebuild sane from sources, ended up with a git snapshot of
20130713. Now, scanning over ethernet is horrrrribly slow with the config
line

tcp clx3305 9400

in /etc/sane.d/xerox_mfp.conf. Scanning over USB works well! Except - 600
dpi colour produces broken images with "stairs" - some image stripes are
repeated vertically. With 300 dpi works fine. Greyscale 600 dpi works well
too. Well, I guess, I can well live with 300 dpi for now, but in case
someone comes up with a fix, would be nice to hear about it :)

Otherwise - great job and thanks!

Regards
Guennadi
---