[sane-devel] Canon Pixma MX895

Gerard Thornley gerard at gerardlt.org.uk
Thu Jun 6 20:42:31 UTC 2013

Hello,

I have this scanner and would like to use sane to drive it. I see from
the status page that testers are required, and would like to help to
the extent I can. Unfortunately, I haven't used sane on any other
device previously, so don't have a reference point for testing.

I terms of environment, I have sane running on a raspberry pi (i.e.
ARM) and am using the arch installation. So far, I have only got as far
as:

[gerard at i fwknop]$ scanimage -V
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.23; backend version 1.0.23

[gerard at i fwknop]$ scanimage --list-devices
device `pixma:MX890_p' is a CANON Canon PIXMA MX890 Series
multi-function peripheral

[gerard at i fwknop]$ scanimage
scanimage: open of device pixma:MX890_p failed: Operation not supported

If someone can direct me, I'm willing to do what I can to get this
working.

With regards,
Gerard Thornley