[sane-devel] Looking to get my Mustek A3 1200S flatbed Scanner with GL128 chip working with XSANE

George Chriss gschriss at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 16:19:30 UTC 2013

Hi,

New files located in the home directory:

1) mustek_a32400s_winXPSP3_usbcapture.pcapng
Original file from the attachment at:

http://vasks.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=410369&aid=314022&group_id=30186

2) mustek_a32400s_winXPSP3_100dpi_bw_preview.pcapng
Similar to 1 but with the following sequence: fold down scanner cover,
start USB capture, power on scanner, set image quality to 100DPI / B&W in
the default Windows image acquire dialogue, 'preview', stop capture

3) mustek_a32400s_winXPSP3_greyscale_preview.pcapng
Same as 2 but with greyscale

4) mustek_a32400s_winXPSP3_color_preview.pcapng
Same as 3 but in color / all-default settings.  Might be 300DPI.

The scanner bar starts in bright-red coloration (LED illumination?) then
turns on the lamp and begins normal scanning.  I've seen the bar turn
bright-red mid-scan to indicate an error condition.

==

Let me know when you need audio for the live-stream.  Also, for convenience
I've permitted '~/usbpower' to be executed as non-root via a udev rule
located at '/etc/udev/rules.d/50-usbpower.rules'.

Sincerely,
George