[sane-devel] Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500 supported?

Dale Amon amon at vnl.com
Wed Jun 12 02:06:21 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 09:55:15PM -0400, m. allan noah wrote:
> I just committed backend version 117 to our development tree. This
> includes a minor fix for a continuous feed problem with the iX500. All
> other 'normal' scanning features are supported. WiFi however, is not.
> Also, one user has reported some odd behavior related to higher
> resolution color scans. I have not been able to reproduce, but wonder
> if it might be related to USB 3 ports.
>
> This should be available from our git snapshots tomorrow night. I
> could walk you thru compiling it, or maybe someone builds a package
> for Ubuntu. I don't use Ubuntu, so I don't know.

Thanks. If it means getting access to the new scanner, I will look
at doing the compile. If the diffs are not too large from the current
Ubuntu package, I might be able to unpack it, get a diff patch set,
run them against the old files to update them, and then generate
a new package with a name that will not get updated the next time
they do a bug fix... something which is absolutely certain to happen
at a worst case time.

Lets chat about this a bit. It will be the weekend before I can put
in substantial time, but I can get prepped ahead of time.