[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 210 scans only once before needing its USB cable replugged

Sean Whitton spw at sdf.org
Sat Jun 29 20:48:18 UTC 2013

Dear Mike,

On Sat, 29 Jun 2013, Mike Cloaked wrote:

> I run the same (  Canon LiDE 210 ) scanner in arch linux with sane version
> 1.0.23-7 - and it works without any problem at all with as many scans as I
> need one after the other.  Certainly updating to the latest stable version
> of the sane backends (1.0.23) would be worthwhile. Whilst I know that
> support for the front buttons will be coming in the next version (1.0.24)
> which is not released as stable at this time, version 1.0.23 would likely
> give you a working scanner for normal scanning using sane.

Thanks, good to know that it works in 10.0.23.  I have managed to work
around the problem by having my scanning script reset the scanner's
usb connection after each scan, using the code at [1].  I'd rather use
this for now than go against Debian's packaging of SANE, but if my
method stops working then I'll upgrade.

Sean

[1] http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb-users&m=116827193506484