[sane-devel] Ready to develop backend for Brother DSmobile 700D

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Fri Mar 29 19:58:44 UTC 2013

On 28/03/2013 23:17, RayJ wrote:
> Found more info:
>
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04f9 [Brother], product=0x2051 [DSmobile 700D],
> chip=GL848+) at libusb:002:005
>
> Datasheet/specs for chipset:
>
> http://www.datasheetdir.com/GL848+USB
>
> --RayJ
>

> --

     Hello,

     since it is a genesys chip, i could be added to the genesys
backend. GL848 ASIC isn't supported yet. I have recently added code for
GL846, so it could give you an idea of the work to be done. Only GL646
and GL841 sheet fed scanners are  supported, so you'll have to look
these sources to see what is required for a sheet fed scanner.

     I think it is worth double-checking that it is really a GL848.
sane-find-scanner heuristic is not bullet proof. Ideally seeing the chip
inside would definitively tell us, but this can be inferred by analyzing
USB logs of the scanner run under windows, and comparing values for the
few registers that are different between the GL846 and the GL846.

Regards,
     Stef