[sane-devel] Need help with sane backend for Canon LiDE 600?

Jürgen Ernst jrernst at gmx.de
Sat Mar 30 15:31:00 UTC 2013

Hi!
Can someone help me with that SANE backend for Canon LiDE 600?
My current stage of development is a perl script which is able to do a
scan at 300 dpi.
<http://www.juergen-ernst.de/info_sane.html>
I'm not very familiar with the SANE framework and it's very complicated
for me to do the C stuff.
Two years ago I made an attempt to port it with sane-backends-1.0.18. It
worked not quite as expected. Just made a scan of 2 x 2 inches and from
10 trials 4 times it crashes. As a frontend I used xsane.
Can someone help me with this C stuff to get a working SANE backend (300
dpi only) using the current version of sane-backends?

--
Ciao
Jürgen

Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO is the answer.