[sane-devel] Problems with Canon MX715

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Fri May 10 16:09:41 UTC 2013

Hello,
This device is part of the Canon MX710 family. I think the first thing to
confirm is whether the pixma driver works or not. That means, if I read
your debug output correctly, that you would be better off using USB
connection, rather than an ethernet connection. It is possible that the
ethernet driver layer has a problem, even if the pixma backend works
perfectly well.

Can you try with USB connection? (maybe that will also show up any
permissions problems)

Regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug