[sane-devel] scanimage and option titles

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Mon May 20 13:22:44 UTC 2013

On 20 May 2013 14:19, m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> but in certain situations, for instance remote access, it is not
>> possible to use the SANE API directly. Also, debugging a backend
>> problem is much easier with scanimage.
>
> I am curious about both of these assertions- can you elaborate the
> advantages of scanimage here?

If a user reports a bug saying a scanner is not working as expected
quoting gscan2pdf behaviour, then first I have to see whether the
problem is due to gscan2pdf itself, the Perl bindings for SANE, or the
SANE backend. However, if the user can reproduce the problem with
scanimage, then it is fairly clear that the backend has the problem.

> Yes- we would accept such a patch, as it would be useful for
> command-line users as well.

Thanks. As soon as I have something, I'll post it.

Regards

Jeff