[sane-devel] Looking to get my Mustek A3 1200S flatbed Scanner with GL128 chip working with XSANE

George Chriss gschriss at gmail.com
Tue May 28 06:42:21 UTC 2013

>     the pdf is only the product overview, and so is useless for
developing a backend. I just couldn't find the full datasheet on the
various search site I tried, which adds another hurdle.

The GL123 datasheet:
http://www.genesyslogic.com/manage/upfile/12416597081.pdf
Still working on finding the GL128 version but hopefully the GL123 is very
similar.

>      Having remote access to the scanner isn't enough. When testing, you
have to ear and see how the scanner is behaving. And you often turn it off
and on to reset it to a clean state.

 Copy that.

In about a week or so I may be able to set up a live, high-definition
audio/video stream of the scanner, ~6sec end-to-end latency using the GST
cookbook.

For power one of the following may work:

USB Net Power 8800
http://www.aviosys.com/8800.html
http://code.google.com/p/usbnetpower8800/

Power Switch Tail II: