[sane-devel] Can you help me

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 13:45:32 UTC 2013

You are running a recompiled version of scanimage, which searches
/usr/local for libraries. Your system provided xsane does not do this.
Try telling the linker where to look like so:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib SANE_DEBUG_RICOH=255  xsane

If this works, you can make it permanent by adding /usr/local/lib to
/etc/ld.so.conf, and running ldconfig

allan