[sane-devel] new scanners

Matthias Sweertvaegher matthias.sweertvaegher at uzleuven.be
Mon Oct 28 11:18:39 UTC 2013

Hi all,

At work I wrote some windows software for scanning archives in large batches. I also get to test and choose scanners. Being a linux lover, I thought I might be able to do some testing to extend the list of supported devices for this project?

What is the best way to proceed? Do I just run "sane-find-scanner -v -v" and " cat /proc/bus/usb/devices " and post it to this list? All workstations run windows, so if there's a windows command, that would be easier, but I can run around with a linux laptop as well :) (although that would be difficult for the scsi ones)

Currently I have access to the following scanners:
- Kodak i40
- Kodak i280 (scsi)
- Kodak i1440
- Kodak i620 (scsi)
- Kodak i4600
- Kodak i2400
- and some fujitsu model (would have to look this one up)

For Kodak scanners I also found out which capabilities you have to set to configure the multifeed detection.

greets
matthias