[sane-devel] Canon-DR M140 does not work in ubuntu 8.04

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 18:07:13 UTC 2013

SANE currently does not support the DR-M140. The protocol spoken by this
scanner is unknown, and there are is no documentation available from Canon
to explain the protocol.

However, if you can get a log of the windows driver making a small, low
resolution scan using this tool:
http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/UsbSnoop/I might be able to reverse
engineer it. Unfortunately, this is a slow,
labor-intensive process.

allan