[sane-devel] Canon Pixma MP230

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Tue Sep 10 20:09:46 UTC 2013

Hi Marc,

You need to compile and install SANE if you change something in the
code. The installation is described in README.linux, which comes with
the code or read here: http://www.sane-project.org/README.linux.

Additional to the install description you need to add your scanner to
the udev.rules file.

You don't need to set PIXMA_EXPERIMENT=1.

If you want to see the debug output you need to set 'export
SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=4' and start xsane from the command line. 'export
SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=11' is useful if you want to see the usb protocols.

Don't hestitate to contact me if you have any problems.

Cheers,
Rolf