[sane-devel] scanbd with sane backend - howto read buttons?

Ilya V. Ivanchenko iva2k at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 20 05:35:00 UTC 2013

Is there a way to query button states in command line from sane or scanbd with sane backend?

I want to see that I can read buttons first, then attempt again to configure scanbd with sane backend. So far I failed to get any response to buttons via sane backend.

I checked "scanimage -h | grep button", and it reports only --wait-for-button (which is just to pause the scan until user presses a button on the scanner).

The only hint I've got is "scanimage -A | grep button" which returns "--monitor-button[=(yes|no)] [no] [read-only]".

Both manpage and scanimage --help are mum on the topic. Google is of no help either.

--
Ilya